The Castle of Triana is located about 6 km from Roccalbegna in the direction of Monte Amiata. In the past this castle was also called with the names of Triana di Santa Fiora or Atriana. The castle is located at an altitude of 767 m above a rocky knoll to the west of the mountainous buttress which from Monte Labbro enters the Fiora and Albegna valleys.
The first news of the castle dates back to 822, when it is mentioned in a parchment. Subsequently, starting from the XII century, the castle of Triana was dominated by the Aldobrandeschi counts of S. Fiora. Who in 1388 sold the feud of Triana to the Piccolomini family of Siena. The Piccolominis remained the masters of the castle until 1962.
A large part of the castle has been renovated or rebuilt in recent times, among the original ancient structures we find the quadrangular tower. The access door to the castle and the tower above are recent works. They were in fact rebuilt in 1913. Inside the castle is the chapel of the Madonna di Loreto dating back to the 17th century. Inside the castle is also a boxwood garden.
Near the castle is the parish church of San Bernardino alla Triana built in 1780 at the behest of the Piccolominis. Along the road that leads to the only access door to the castle there are some houses that preserve the original appearance of the medieval village outside the castle.
Since 1962, the castle has been part of the Assets of the Pie Dispositions of Siena, a non-profit organization for charitable purposes, and is not open to the public.